Imagine enjoying the summer sun out on your favorite outdoor patio furniture. But your joy is lessened by the fact that your cushions aren’t as comfortable or clean as they used to be. You are thinking about shopping for new ones, but the ones you’ll find at big box stores are poor quality and difficult to keep clean. So, you decide to treat your house and yourself to custom cushions. And now the fun begins!
When you start browsing Cushions by Wicker Imports custom cushions, you will quickly discover that there are many options of fabrics and colors to choose from. There’s no need to feel overwhelmed by choice, though, as we have a few tips to help you decide which patterns and fabrics fit the cushions on your outdoor furniture!
1. Consider Your Outdoor Environment
Consider the surrounding environment when selecting colors and patterns for your indoor and outdoor cushions. If you have a vibrant garden, you may want to choose more subtle colors that won’t compete with the natural beauty. On the other hand, if your home or outdoor space is more neutral, bold colors and patterns on custom cushions can add an exciting pop of color.
You will also want to consider the weather in your area. If you live in a hot climate with a lot of sun and your patio furniture sits out in direct sunlight, you might want to stay away from dark colors like black and navy for your cushions. Darker colors tend to absorb heat, making the cushions more uncomfortable to sit on in sunny weather. If you live in a slightly cooler climate, darker colors might be what you want to capture the heat and keep you comfortable during a day with a chilly breeze.
2. Mix and Match
Don’t feel confined to one color or pattern. Mixing and matching different hues, shapes, and designs can create a dynamic and exciting aesthetic. You can choose and complement one dominant color with different patterns and accent colors. This approach is also great for creating a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. You may also rely on a color palette instead of just one type of color.
- Primary Colors Palette: Utilizing red, blue, and yellow can create a vibrant balance when one color is chosen as the main shade for cushions, while the remaining two serve as accent colors.
- Garden-Inspired Colors: If you need design inspiration before purchasing patio cushions, look at the colors in your garden. The hues of purple irises, orange tiger lilies, or red roses could provide the perfect palette.
- Earthy Tones: The soothing blend of browns, tans, and grays can lend a calm aura to chair cushions. Consider bright orange or teal accents to add a pop of color without overpowering the more neutral tones.
- Analogous Colors: When you want colors that work well together, look for neighboring hues on the color wheel for a harmonious color combination that enhances any outdoor setting. One example would be green, blue-green, and blue cushions. Those three colors combined offer a visually appealing aesthetic that remains fresh even after seeing it many times.
3. Think About Maintenance
An outdoor seat cushion will be exposed to sunlight, rain, and dirt throughout its lifetime, so it’s essential to consider how easy your next set of new cushions will be to clean and maintain. Light colors like white reflect sunlight and don’t heat up as much, but they can show dirt easily. Darker shades are great if you are worried about outdoor grime, as they don’t show dirt as much.
When choosing patterns, consider ones that can help conceal stains or dirt for longer periods if you are worried about being unable to keep up with the cleaning necessary for your custom cushions. Remember, the best fabric for outdoor cushions is not only stylish for your décor but also durable and comfortable. Look for fabrics that are UV resistant, water-resistant, and strong, like those that we offer.
Do You Need Custom Cushions for Your Outdoor Furniture?
When you are ready to order your custom cushions, you can rest assured that choosing Cushions by Wicker Imports for all your needs will provide comfort and bring a touch of elegance and personality to your outdoor furniture. Our cushions are made from high-quality materials that are durable, easy to clean, and resistant to the elements nature is sure to throw at you.
Choose from various styles, colors, and patterns that you can customize to match your unique taste and style. Don’t settle for less when it comes to your comfort and the aesthetic appeal of your outdoor space. Contact us today to get started on the outdoor cushions of your dreams!
- How to Choose Patio Cushions for Your Outdoor Space (lowes.com)
- Outdoor Cushion Buying Guide: Materials, Foam, & Padding (patioproductions.com)
- Outdoor Cushions: The Guide to Buying an Outdoor Cushion | PatioLiving